Tuesday, October 9, 2007

The Passing of Time

Well, my birthday is coming up soon and I'm pretty pumped! Well...by soon I mean 2 months from now...but the last few birthdays I have had have always been preceded by a really really crappy event. Which has put a damper on things. Everything looks clear this year though, so heres hoping! And you can get me a Brad Pitt for my birthday. That would be fantastic.

Thanksgiving weekend was great, hung out with friends for lunch and games on sunday, got the whole family together for a huge turkey dinner yesterday, I ate too much, have extras for work today. Hooray for left-overs!

One problem with large family get-togethers is the inevitable discussion of husbands. Which I don't have. Or boyfriends. Which I don't have. Or grandkids. Which I don't have. My sister now sort of has a possible guy that she can talk about so thankfully that took the discussion off of my lack of a significant other. How fantastic for me.

Aaaaaaand coming up at the end of this month I am going out of town for the weekend and it can't come soon enough! I've been wanting to go out of town for a while and it looks like now is the time. No where special, but I'm just happy to get out of this city for a while, get a breath of fresh air. And not literal fresh air, I'm going to another city. But mental fresh air. Bonus.

FYI - The new Nightwish cd is AMAZING.


*edit* I'm bored and feel like doing a survey...

TEN FIRSTS
1. first best friend: Jameson, Mandie and Victoria
2. first pet: A cat named Sweetey Petey
3. first piercing: Ears
4. first crush: Jameson
5. first cd: Oh good grief, I have no idea! It might have been the Carman cd...
6. first car: The one I'm still driving, a '92 Jeep Cherokee...
7. first stuffed animal: A huge stuffed sheep dog
8. first love: I am under the firm impression that I've never really been in love...I thought that I was once, and told a guy it another time because I felt bad that he kept telling me he loved me...I'm such a jerk...
9. first job: Movie theatre
10. first kiss: Matt

NINE LASTS
1. last alchoholic beverage: Vodka I believe...it was a loooong time ago though...
2. last car ride: To work today
3. last movie seen: Sydney White...which was awesome by the way!
4. last thing you ate: Left over thanksgiving dinner
5. last phone call: My mom
6. last person you IMd: Jordan I think
7. last song played: The Escapist - Nightwish
8. last bubble bath: A long time ago...i love them though!
9. last time you cried: Last sunday afternoon...

EIGHT HAVE YOU EVERS
1. have you ever dated one of your best friends: Every time its been one of my best friends...I'm not really friends with any of them anymore, hehe...they all ended well.
2. have you ever been arrested?: Nope
3. have you ever skinny dipped: Not yet!
4. have you ever been on TV: I don't think so
5. have you ever kissed someone(s), and then regretted it? Yep
6. have you ever been in love: Refer to the question above about love...
7. have you ever had your heart broken: No, broken a few hearts though...which I'm not proud of...
8. have you ever given a hickey: Not that I know of, haha...

SEVEN THINGS YOU ARE WEARING
1. Black dress pants
2. My "corset" blouse
3. Black shoes
4. My 2 rings
5. Uhh, how much more specific am I supposed to go here?
6. Black bra (no I'm not gothic by the way...that IS a lot of black though...my shirt is white with blue stripes, though the corset part is black...)
7. Underwear

SIX THINGS YOU'VE DONE TODAY
1. Had a shower
2. Gone to work
3. Eaten
4. Gone to Second Cup
5. Planned music sets
6. Listened to music

5 FAVORITE THINGS IN NO ORDER
1. Baklava
2. Witty banter
3. Books
4. Music (currently Nightwish)
5. Ireland

FOUR PEOPLE YOU CAN TELL ANYTHING TO:
1. Katie
2. God (thank goodness!)
3. Davene
4. Heather

THREE CHOICES
1. black or white: black
2. hot or cold: hot
3. Chocolate or Vanilla: chocolate

TWO THINGS YOU WANT TO DO BEFORE YOU DIE
1. Travel the world
2. Learn every type of dance (working on salsa, irish dancing, and soon learning swing dance...)

ONE THING YOU REGRET:
1. Nothing that I can think of...

No comments: